Saturday 3 September 2016

New Cards Published by Canns Down Press!

In July Canns Down Press published five of my screen prints as greetings cards for their new Wonderland range. It's exciting to see the finished products especially as the process was much longer than I expected. I am used to creating designs, screen printing them straight away and having finished greetings cards within a few days or weeks. 

I was initially contacted about my prints in February. Once the company had decided on which designs they wanted to consider, the next stage was for me to send them the original screen prints to be professionally scanned. I had used metallic inks for some of the designs so thought it best to reprint them. I also reprinted my Ginger Cat as I was worried the original screen prints weren't quite perfect! Tiny mistakes don't matter so much when there are only 30 or so prints, but the prospect of 4000 copies was quite daunting.

There were two versions of some of the designs so I actually sent about 9 screen prints in total. From those Canns Down Press selected five and they finally went to print in July. The finished cards are now on the Canns Down Press website in the just published section. I have even spotted some of the cards in shops and will also have them at upcoming events.
http://www.cannsdownpress.co.uk/JustPublished.html

No comments:

Post a Comment